Monday, September 17, 2012

Debian Iceweasel and cache of IcedTea plugin.


   Today I found that iceweasel doesn't show Java applets. Nothing error
messages or warning but only weird gray box on the web page. Well, just
one more quiz I need to solve.

   Next three hours I considered the such solutions as:
1. Tried to set another version of JDK: update-alternatives --config java
2. Downloaded, built and installed the latest release of IcedTea plugin from http://icedtea.classpath.org/wiki/IcedTea-Web  
3. Tested all mozilla and chrome compatible browsers I have here.

Nothing was helpful. Accidentally I have launched iceweasel from "root" console and
was greatly surprised founding that  Jave plugin works now.
There was a problem with plugin cache at ~/.icedtea. Having deleted the cache I make
my browser work. Sometimes the solution is pretty easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment